Thursday, September 23, 2010

Real Community. Shared Values. High Calling Blogs

HighCallingBlogs.com Christian Blog NetworkFor years I heard about "online communities." I also read about how more and more people are finding spiritual sustenance and conversation partners on their faith journey on the Internet. What I heard and read meant no more to me (and no less) than reports about the Greek isles and Machu Picchu and the Sundance Film Festival: really interesting places where I've never been and I'm not likely ever to go.

Then I stumbled across a sports blog site where I began to interact with people from all over the U.S., from South America and from Europe. What I discovered was that through posts we published and from comments we made on each other's blogs, we "got to know" each other. We learned from each other, we argued with each other, we commiserated with each other, and we celebrated with each other. Before I knew it, I was in an online community and loving it.

BWS tips buttonThen I got to thinking: I'll bet there are places where people every bit this interesting interact with each other about life and work and faith. Why not go where that's happening? I found HighCallingBlogs.com through wonders never cease, a blog published by one of my favorite writers and my friend of 20 years, Becky Ramsey. So, call it my Greek isles, my Machu Picchu, my Sundance Film Festival. No, it's none of those. But it's a virtual place where real people meet and learn from each other, discuss, commiserate, and celebrate together. And along the way, we are nourished and cultivated in God in whom "we live and move and have our being" (Acts 17:28).

The vision for HighCallingBlogs is "to use new media tools to create opportunities for people to encounter God for the transformation of daily life, work, and the world."

Check it out. Browse about. You just might stumble into a wonderful community!

HighCallingBlogs.com Christian Blog Network

10 comments:

L.L. Barkat said...

Welcome to the community! This is such a beautiful introduction to the place. I hope you find a little niche at HCB to call your own. :)

Unknown said...

Jeff, someone at HighCallingBlogs pointed me in your direction today.

Just wanted to say, "Welcome to the community!"

Cheryl Smith said...

So glad you "stumbled in." Welcome to a place with as much beauty as Machu Pichu, as much warmth as the Greek Isles, and every bit of talent as Sundance.

Cheryl Smith said...

I should add, only much more accessible. :)

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Yey! So glad you've made the connection to HCB. It's a beautiful place--and now even more beautiful because you're a part of it!

Kelly Sauer said...

You're not so far from me - I have two siblings in Greenville, too. Welcome to the community - I have been really amazed. I hope you are as well!

Rebecca Ramsey said...

PS. You know you need to join twitter now, right? It's a great way to keep up with what's going on in the HCB community. In fact, I just saw a tweet about this post of yours!

Ann Kroeker said...

Glad to be part of this community with you...welcome!

Dena Dyer said...

HCB is a great place--diverse but full of grace and encouragement(much like I think heaven will be). We're glad you've joined us!

Monica Sharman said...

Welcome to the HCB community! And thanks to Becky for pointing you in our direction!